Sport & Physical Activity Awards
There are hundreds of Tameside sportspeople and volunteers who have given their time and commitment to sport. The Pride of Tameside Sport & Physical Activity Awards is an event to recognise and celebrate the success of these stars across Tameside.
The Pride of Tameside Sport & Physical Activity Awards takes place in September at Dukinfield Town Hall, where we are hoping to return in 2022.
There are 9 different categories:
- Changing Lifestyle Award
- Club or Group of the Year
- Young Sports Achiever of the Year
- Unsung Hero
- Alex Williams Volunteer of the Year
- School Commitment to PE and Sport Award
- Disabled Physical Activity Champion (Local Award)
- Coach/Instructor of the Year
- Community Initiative Award
Over the years we have had a variety of sporting nominations; from fencing and ten-pin bowling to triathlon and football. All winners from each category at the Tameside Awards will have the opportunity to represent Tameside at the Greater Manchester Awards.